In Sydney: Birds and a Baby.

Sydney was noticeably warmer than Melbourne, and with more sunshine too. Mind you, it helped to have a working heater in our little cabin in Lane Cove National Park.

We were marking time before moving into our August house sit. I undertook a terrifying drive in night time traffic to Macquarie Park to buy a cheap camping table so that I could grind out the requisite two days of work while BD, confined to the cabin by a gammy leg and inconvenient steps, ate chocolate and taught herself to touch-type.

I took my evening walk in the Macquarie Park Cemetery which turned out to be much larger than I'd anticipated and held the usual fascinating glimpses into life and death in long ago Sydney.




When not strolling cemeteries I went back to Lane Cove and wandered along the river.

Pathways.

Trees.

Some trees were bleeding.

Back at the cabin hopeful cockatoos congregated in the sun every morning, ready to descend on any breakfast left unguarded outside.



 And scrub turkeys prowled for pickings on the ground. 


But that was all background noise to the main event: I met the grandbaby!!!

And now I have to go practice my grandma skills, so that's it from me for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Chooks.

Railway Scones

13/09/25 Uptown Downtown Old Town in Luxembourg